You are here
- 18.11.2022 | Võ Hoàng Nhân
About Kien Giang University
- On June 4, 2006, the Ministry of Education and Training issued Decision No. 1704/QD-BGDĐT to establish Kien Giang Campus of Nha Trang University of Fisheries (now Nha Trang University).
- On May 21, 2014 the Prime Minister issued Decision No. 758/QD/TTg to establish Kien Giang University on the basis of Kien Giang Campus of Nha Trang University in; head office at 320A National Highway 61, Minh Luong town, Chau Thanh district, Kien Giang province.
- As one of the three universities under the direct management of the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) in the Mekong Delta region (MD), Kien Giang University (KGU) is an educational institution in Vietnam higher education, has the function of training undergraduate and post-graduate levels, doing research and technology transfer in all fields to serve the development needs of society. After more than 8 years of establishment and development, the University has initially made positive contributions to raising people's intellectual level and supplying skilled labor, doing scientific research and technology transfer. It has been making good service for human resource needs of Kien Giang province and the Mekong Delta. Together with other universities in the Mekong Delta, KGU contributes to raising people's intellectual level, eradicating hunger and reducing poverty, training human resources, conducting scientific research and technology transfer, serving socio-economic development, helping the region to better integrate into the national and international economy.
- Strategic goals for the period of 2020 - 2030 and a vision to 2040 of Kien Giang University: Concentrating all efforts to develop KGU into a prestigious applied university, making an important contribution to providing high quality human resources, making it a center for applied research, science and technology transfer for Kien Giang province, the Mekong Delta and the whole country.
- Kien Giang University has completed the assessment of the quality of educational institutions and received the certificate of accreditation of educational institutions in July 2022.
- Organizational structure: Kien Giang University has a University Council, Rector, Vice Rectors and affiliated units with 08 Departments, 09 Faculties, and 05 Centers. Political and social organizations include: Party Committee; Union; Youth League; Student Association; Committee for the Advancement of Women…
- Staff: The whole university has nearly 300 employees, of which nearly 200 have graduate degrees. The staff all meet the conditions, standards and requirements of the job positions.
The head office of KGU is located at 320A, National Highway 61, Minh Luong town, Chau Thanh, Kien Giang with a total area of 54 hectares. There are also 02 experimental areas with an area of about 30 hectares located in An Bien and 5 hectares in Phu Quoc (Kien Giang).
Currently, the University has 03 study buildings with 300 classrooms with a total area of 54,000 m2, ensuring a capacity of over 10,000 students per shift. Many specialized rooms are equipped with modern training facilities and are qualified for on-site and online conferences and seminars. There are nearly 400 computers for teaching, learning and management, most of which have been connected to LAN and the internet. The wifi network has covered important areas such as the Lecture Halls, the Library, the working area for staff.
The library has over 1,676 hard copy books, nearly 105,907 digital documents (including a digital library linked to Nha Trang University), and more than 280 theses, and hundreds of newspapers, magazines and publications. . There are 4 reading rooms, 01 newspaper-magazine reading room, 01 open reading room, 01 library service room with an area of 1200 m2 including 02 reading places, a computer room for Internet search. In addition, the library also received the support of the digital library of Nha Trang University in sharing specialized materials and every year 1,200 students use this resource.
The Center for Laboratory-Practice Management is managing and operating 27 laboratories from basic to specialized ones such as general physics laboratory, electrical-electronics laboratory, construction laboratory, microbiology laboratory, medical model practice room, intensive environmental resources laboratory, food processing practice room, molecular biology laboratory, ... and 6 modern practice rooms for Information technology with professional characteristics which have been invested and built for the past 5 years. They have been gradually meeting the learning needs of students as well as the scientific research needs of lecturers - scientists.
The dormitory consists of 03 buildings capable of accommodating about 1,500 students, It is fully equipped to meet the academic life and the increasing living needs of boarding students, international students as well as lectures and foreign scientists coming to live and work at the University.
Guest house: Four floors with total floor area of 2,504m2, 36 rooms to serve the needs of living and working for experts and lecturers, as well as attracted high quality human resources to work at the University.
Executive building: A total floor area of 9,632 m2 used as a working area for officials, lecturers and a multi-purpose sport hall with a total floor area of 2,020 m2 capable of serving 500 students entertaining together at the same time.